I’m preparing to move into my first real apartment of my own and I’m ecstatic to decorate. Granted, things may be a little easier had I an unlimited bank account and a great designer, but my own imagination and a little DIY sweat will make it all the more fun.
I’ve decided my first investment will be a mattress, essential for dreaming of my future, but now I’ve just got to pick the right headboard. I’ve found some fantastic ideas for ways to create my own headboard on a dime.
1. This headboard of vintage handkerchiefs is perfect for the thrift-store fanatic in me.
2. I love to read before bed, so why not don my headboard with books?
3. When I was a little girl I always wanted a canopy bed – this DIY version looks easy and sweet.
4. An old mantle gives shabby chic vibe and would be the perfect place for favorite photos.
5. A stretched artist canvas and some fabric make dramatic height that would be great with high ceilings.
6. Simple plywood makes the perfect backboard to showcase a pretty fabric. Anyone recognize that girl in the picture? Me! From my days as an intern at The Knot.