Monday, August 3, 2009

I'm on a boat

Before my parents had children, they harbored a sailboat in Chicago called the Wendy Kay (named for my mother). Now that they no longer have children to support (we officially have both entered “adulthood” no matter how young I feel) they have traded in their college graduates for another boat – this one called the Annie – named for my lovable 12-year-old family dog.

My parents have taken to spending evenings and weekends sailing the muddy Mississippi or simply docked in the sun. It reminds me that no matter how long you’ve been with your partner, a shared passion is a great way to come together. So some quick relationship advice – find something you and your significant other love to do together – it can create wonderful bonds and even greater memories.


My nautical pooch and on the boat named for her.




Captain Bill, my dad, at the helm.




First Mate Wendy on lookout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'm so excited to hear from you.

xox,
Taylor