Thursday, July 16, 2009

Home Sweet Home



At Kansas City Homes and Gardens were celebrating the success of our magazine with a staff picnic tomorrow afternoon at our editor-in-chief’s house! I’m in charge of bringing dessert and all week I’ve been thinking of what I can bake (with limited access to supplies in my temporary sublet).

I decided to use this recipe for Monogrammed Cream-filled Cupcakes from BettyCrocker.com. Instead of regular-spread frosting, these cupcakes are dipped in a mixture of chocolate frosting, chocolate chips and corn syrup for a shiny, glazed look. Be careful when dipping as the frosting pulls on the cupcakes and it’s easy to lose a few into this chocolaty soup!



Before dipping, I also made a small hole in the cupcakes and filled them with a mixture of vanilla frosting and marshmallow fluff for a sweet surprise in the middle. Instead of initials, I’ve drawn tiny houses in honor of our publication!

They look delicious (a bit misshapen due to my lack of muffin pan) but I can’t wait to share! Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'm so excited to hear from you.

xox,
Taylor