Thursday, September 23, 2010

At your service

My boyfriend and I are converting his old coffee table into a chic new oversized ottoman (photos to come) that will still serve as the centerpiece of our living room furniture. Because we still want to be able to set things on it, we need a nice large tray to place at one end. The problem is all the cutest trays I find are over $50 and some up in the several hundreds! Here are a few of my wishful thoughts...



Clockwise from upper left: Ethan Allen;Cooking.com ; Bloomingdale's; Jayson; Saks Fifth Avenue; Crate & Barrel.

As an alternative, I found a few within my under $25 price range, but they don't quite fit the bill. They're cute, but I'm afraid they aren't quite large enough to fill the space and they don't quite go with our look. Maybe they'll work for you...


From left: Crate & Barrel; Ikea; Velocity.

So I was just delighted today when I came across this gorgeous tray on Craftynest. It's a DIY project.



Can you guess what it was before?



A salvaged cabinet door! How creative! See how it was done here. With this, I'll be able to follow the color/look we want and have something big enough to cover one end of the ottoman. Can't wait to see how it turns out! Off to the "Free" section of Craiglist to look for my blank canvas....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'm so excited to hear from you.

xox,
Taylor