Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Let them eat cake

It's my birthday tomorrow and I'm looking forward to surprises to come! One of my favorite things about birthdays, or any celebration for that matter, is the cake! I usually only bust out a fancy cake recipe when there is something special going on, but the below beauties have me thinking any day of the year could take the cake.




This rainbow cake spotted on Ruby Press is amazing! I'm definitely saving this in my archive to make someday. You could even do a color pattern to go with a theme in here!

I'm also loving this strawberry cream cake from My Baking Addiction--fresh fruit + lots of sugar = one happy birthday girl.



Peanut butter and chocolate is one of my favorite combinations and this cake seen on You Are My Fave looks too decadent to be true.

I also adore this six layer cake created for a sixtieth birthday on Heart of Light. Can you imagine this for an eightieth birthday!! Totally worth it tummy ache.



How sweet is this rosette cake seen on Oh Happy Day? Perfect for a tea party birthday.

And the bunting flags and ribbon on this last cake from Craft Lovely?! So amazing! (and easy to DIY)

I hope your day is full of sweetness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'm so excited to hear from you.

xox,
Taylor