Monday, January 31, 2011

30 for 30, before I'm 30?


My first attempt at fashion blog posing. Can't keep a straight face. Looks like someone needs some practice.

Over the weekend, inspired by some of my favorite fashion bloggers, I decided to participate in Kendi Everyday's 30 for 30 challenge. If you haven't heard of it yet, you choose 30 items from your closet (accessories not included) that are the only things you can wear for the next 30 days, and share pictures of your ensembles on your blog.

The remixing of clothes doesn't scare me so much, but I can tell you that I'm rather terrified to post pictures of myself for all to view. That may sound silly since I often post weekend or vacation pictures, but, I'm feeling terribly self-conscious about my ability to pose for the camera as cutely as girls like Emily and Sydney do.

So while my outfits may not be high fashion, and my poses rather unmodelesque, I do hope that the project will inspire me to get creative with my closet, and also provide you with some budget shopping tips and perhaps a good laugh at some awkward pictures of yours truly.

And since this blog is meant to be lifestyle focused, I won't detour from my regular recipe, project, and DIY postings. I also confess, that because I work from home, I sometimes spend the entire day in sweats, and I won't include those days in this project. With these two caveats in mind, you can expect one weekly fashion-related post that will include all my remixes from that week and a hope that I find enough days to get dressed up that I finish my 30 for 30 before I'm 30, six years from now.

So without further ado, here are my 30 for 30 picks, also known as, that which must be moved before Derek comes home and freaks out about my mess!

The whole crew:


Details:

Top row: Gap, Urban Outfitters, Kenar from Marshalls, Ralph Lauren at Marshalls, Elle for Kohls
Second row: Target, Banana Republic (thrifted), Vera Wang for Kohls, Lauren Conrad for Kohls

Third role: Marshalls, NY and Co., Ralph Lauren from Marshalls, Old Navy

Fourth role: (green dress) NY and Co., Tommy Hilfiger at Marshalls, Banana Republic, J. Crew, Old Navy, Gap

Fifth role: Lauren Conrad for Kohls, Old Navy, Polo at Marshalls, Calvin Klein at Marshalls, Marshalls,
French Connection at Marshalls
Shoes: Boots from Endless.com, Old Navy Flats, Candies for Kohls heels, Red heels from Kohls, boat shoes thrifted.

4 comments:

  1. this is such a great series, i am excited and you are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to jump into the 30 for 30! I'm still the girl observing from the corner, trying to muster up the courage to pose for awkward photos haha. I'm proud of you for being brave, cute start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cuuute! love the gingham & yellow paired together. and who says straight faces are best? i prefer a smile...or a downright laugh. :)
    -brittney
    http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com (fellow remixer!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that colour on you, it looks so perfect with your skin and hair!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'm so excited to hear from you.

xox,
Taylor