Friday, January 14, 2011

Curtain up!

I love the warmth and practicality that curtains bring to a room, but I never can a set I love for a reasonable price! So you can imagine my delight when I came across a no-sew tutorial for curtains on Young House Love. I had to try it!

A local high-end fabric stores was going out of business so I was able to find five yards of gorgeous fabric for just about $30.

First, I measured the height of the windows and added about two inches to account for seems.

Then, I cut the fabric into two panels according to that length.

With some cheap hem tape (I used two rolls) I hemmed each side just using an iron.

While I was doing that, Derek put up our new curtain rod, then attached clip-on curtain rings to the newly "hemmed" panels.

Finally, curtain up! Applause!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'm so excited to hear from you.

xox,
Taylor