Thursday, December 16, 2010

Chalkboard clock

When Derek and I moved in together, he brought with him several items from his old house, few of which fit into our combined decor. One such item was a metallic silver and black wall clock, very '80s looking, that he picked up for free. Instead of tossing it out, we decided to use some leftover chalkboard paint from this project to give it a facelift.



The result is a cool clock facade that we can customize with as many colors and designs as we so please - infinitely re-doable! So in honor of the season, we decorated the clock with Derek and Taylor's 12 Days of Christmas - an idea I borrowed from Young House Love's personalized calendar - making each hour on the clock a special number to us like "2 love birds," "7 years" - how long we've known each other, "11 days of Christmas vacation" and "12 months until next Christmas."

Any ideas on what we should change it to in January? 12 new year's resolutions?

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I'm going to have to get me some chalkpaint. It looks like a lot of fun.

    Also, I finally tried making that Eggnog French Toast. I blogged about it too :) Mine turned out pretty good. Thanks for the inspiration!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'm so excited to hear from you.

xox,
Taylor