Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Eggnog cheesecake bars


I had some leftover eggnog after this yummy recipe, and with just one day to go until Derek and I headed out of town, I thought it would be good to use it up while making something yummy to bring my family for the holidays.

I couldn't find any eggnog recipes that were really striking my fancy, so I decided to invent my own! Hence, eggnog cheesecake bars were born, adapted from this recipe for pumpkin bars.


These turned out very yummy and rich! Let me know if you try them out.

Eggnog cheesecake bars

Base/Topping:
1 package Snickerdoodle cookie mix (I used Krustaez)
1 cup walnuts
1/2 cup cold butter - sliced

Filling:
1/2 cup eggnog
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon would work)
1.5 tsp rum extract
2 TB whipping cream
2 eggs

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the snickerdoodle mix (and cinnamon sugar if it came with it) and walnuts.
2. A few slices at a time, add in the butter, mixing into a crumbly, sticky mix either with your (very clean!) hands or a food processor.
3. Set aside one cup of the mixture, and press the remaining base into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch brownie pan.
4. Bake for 10 minutes then let cool for at least 10 minutes.
5. While the base is baking, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth.
6. Add in all the other ingredients and beat until combined.
7. Pour the filling on top of the base and smooth out.
8. Top with the remaining cup of the base.
9. Bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until top is light brown.
10. Chill/harden for at least 2 hours in the fridge.
11. Dive-in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'm so excited to hear from you.

xox,
Taylor