Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Gift writing

Now that the gifts are unwrapped, I can finally share some of my favorite DIY holiday gift creations. After my Mom saw this post about the kitchen chalkboard Derek and I created, she was eager to have a chalkboard of her own.

I kept my eyes open at the thriftstore until I came across just the right piece to turn into a chalkboard and when I saw this plate with some questionable ribbon on it for $1 I knew I had it.



We took the ribbon out, sprayed the plate with chalkboad paint (four coats!) and picked out some new ribbon combined with jute twine.


I was so pleased with the result and my Mom loved it and hung it up right away with a message to welcome guests to our Christmas Eve open house.



Did you DIY any gifts this year? Please share if so and check in later this week for more projects ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'm so excited to hear from you.

xox,
Taylor