Thursday, October 7, 2010

Busy baker

While I love to cook just about anything, my first obsession in the kitchen is baking. The sweet smell coming from the oven and the warm gooey results make the experience totally rewarding(not to mention I love to sneak a spatula full of dough).

Since I bake pretty frequently, I wanted to buy a cookie jar for our kitchen. I was so excited when we came across this adorably simple glass creation at Pier 1. The bit on the front is chalkboard, so you can write down what sweet surprise is inside!



The first cookie to go in it are these amazing cakey pumpkin chips from a recipe on Joy The Baker. However, at the rate Derek devours cookies, I'm sure to be going through a lot of chalk.

Here are a few of my favorite cookie recipes I've made recently to rounds of applause. Thanks to the creative bloggers who dreamed these up!

Crisp salted oatmeal white chocolate cookies from Smitten Kitchen - I think I have to go to rehab for these.


Toasted coconut washboards from Bake or Break - made these using the leftover white chocolate from the above recipe. A large debate ensued over which cookie was better and a resolution may never be reached.




Giant s'mores cookies on My Baking Addiction - I think this picture speaks for itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'm so excited to hear from you.

xox,
Taylor