Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The writing on the wall

One of my birthday presents this year was a pretty set of apron and oven mitts from Anthropologie. Since they are gorgeous and I use them all the time, I wanted a pretty spot in the kitchen to display them, while creating a useful workspace to write down recipes, notes, or grocery lists.

Derek and I came across the below wooden frame for $3 at a thrift store. I nearly forgot to take a before picture so this is mid spray paint, but as you can see it was an ugly gold tinged color but had a cute shape!



We spray painted it white then bought a piece of scrap wood and had it cut to the frame's size at Home Depot (cost $0.50). Once we spray painted the wood with chalkboard paint, we inserted it in the frame and nailed it down. Three $3 Home Depot hooks and a power drill later, we had an adorable chalkboard rack for the kitchen!



The whole project was incredibly cheap and easy and I'm delighted with the outcome! Now to decided what else to chalkboard ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'm so excited to hear from you.

xox,
Taylor