Monday, October 25, 2010

Fright fest

Derek and I picked up a pumpkin at a nearby patch this weekend and are going to carve it tonight so it's ready for any trick or treaters we may have this Sunday.

To make the night a little festive, I'm cooking Pumpkin Turkey Chili for dinner from this recipe on Love and Olive Oil. I can't wait to taste it!

Derek is pretty set on going with a traditional jack-o-latern carving, but I have my eye on a few of these cool designs ... maybe we should've gotten two ...

I love this gorgeous display but I think it calls for a few more supplies and a prettier front porch than we currently own. Found here.



This mummy look is pretty do-able with what we have and I think the trick or treaters would love it!



If only I would've seen this before Saturday, I would've picked up some gourds! From here.



Our apartment was newly renovated before we moved in and they've yet to give us a visable apartment number which makes life pretty tough for the FedEx guy. I think this look could be a fun, seasonal alternative (via here).



I think this last one could be a great compromise! Standard jack-o-latern with a twist! I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'm so excited to hear from you.

xox,
Taylor